- “recyclable polyester on seats, dash, steering wheel, headrests, door trim, and armrests.
- a corn-based biopolymer for the retractable canvas roof and carpet mats.
- also corn-based fillers in the rubber tyres as a partial substitute for rubber black to improve rolling resistance and thus fuel economy
- soy-based composite resins form the rear tailgate and side panels
- soy-based composite foam for seating
- all the armrests are interchangeable for ease of maintenance and remanufacturing
- lightweight, recyclable aluminium body
- versatile body shape and design, converts from a sedan to a utility truck” 
 media.ford.com, Model U Concept: A Model for Change. 2005. http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=14047
 Ford Motor Company, Model U. 2005. http://www.ford.com/en/innovation/design/vehicles/modelU.htm
 Treehugger, Ford Model U concept SUV. 2004. http://www.treehugger.com/files/2004/12/wip_ford_model.php