- nearly doubling the amount of post-consumer recycled material in the UPS box
- using at least 80% post-consumer recycled material in the Express Letter
- eliminating the use of bleached paper in all express packaging.
- reducing overall waste and pollution from production of shipping materials by an average of 13%.
- introducing post-consumer recycled material into UPS' plastic PAK and reducing each PAK's weight by almost 10%
- market testing reusable options for UPS' box, tube and plastic PAK.
For More Information
For additional information on the 'Alliance for Environmental Innovation Overnight Shipping Packaging Project' see the final project report 'Achieving Preferred Packaging' visit: http://www.environmentaldefense.org/alliance/ups_project_summary.htm