Miele utilised several eco-design strategies when designing their range of fridges:
Steps to reduce energy consumption have been taken:
In line with the RoHS directive all Miele’s refrigeration products are CFC- and HFC-free.
The product lifespan has been optimised whilst ensuring that the service quality is retained:
- all fridges are designed to last for 15 to 20 years.
- durability has been considered:
- parts such as door latches are tested to be opened and shut 60,000 times
- Novotronic / electronic controls means no moving parts so less wear and tear
- as has upgradability:
- PC updates allow them to be reprogrammed in line with future updates and new programmes.
Finally, to facilitate recycling at end of life all casings are clearly marked by material type.
For more information on Miele fridges visit: http://www.miele.co.uk/
*© Miele Company Limited