Miele Washing Machine
Miele utilised several eco-design strategies when designing their range of washing machines:
© Miele, 2006
- designed for upgradability:
- PC updates allow these machines to be reprogrammed in line with future updates and new programmes.
- reduced energy consumption:
- AAA energy rating on all top models
- top range models (1600rpm or 1800rpm spin) are rated A for spin efficiency
- minimising resource use:
- the washing machines have a self activating ball valves which saves on detergent
- during the wash cycle the floating ball presses itself tightly against the outlet of the suds container to prevent the detergent from escaping into the sump.
- the detergent remains in the suds container, so you use less and the environment has to cope with less pollution.
- saving water:
- Miele washing machines work with a hydromatic system:
- the drum has ribs with fins that scoop up the water and carry it to the top of the machine
- this allows the product to use very little water (49 litres on top models).
- educating the user:
- the W377 washing machine has a unique load size indicator that measures the size of your wash load and indicates what proportion of the manufacturer's recommended dose of detergent you should use.
- end of life:
- to facilitate recycling at end of life all casings are clearly marked by material type.
For More Information
For more information on Miele washing machines visit: http://www.miele.co.uk